Omaha Words that are verb that is not yet classified
Page 1 of 32, showing 15 records out of 475 total
- 'ágtha (v.)
- To suffer; to be injured or made sick by food, etc.
- 'ágthakíthe (v.)
- To cause oneself to suffer; to bring trouble on oneself.
- 'ágthathe (v.)
- To cause to suffer.
- To behave ill, by eating or destroying anything of value.
- 'ágthawáthe (v.)
- To make them or us suffer.
- 'áxe tʰígthe (v.)
- To make the sound ʔaxe suddenly.
- 'óⁿa égoⁿ (v.)
- Hesitant because of the certainty of failure.
- 'óⁿaziháha (v.)
- To cast parallel shadows.
- 'oⁿsa (v.)
- Swift at running.
- ába'e (v.)
- To break out thickly on, as smallpox or another skin disease.
- ába'u (v.)
- To mound up earth into a hill or heap.
- ábaazé (v.)
- To drive, as a pony or ox.
- ábabthi (v.)
- To plow a furrow over corn that has sprung up.
- To pound on something.
- To come up on or over, as water.
- ábachʰízhe (v.)
- To be impetuous or rash.
- ábae (v.)
- To hunt game; to go out hunting for a day without taking families along.
- To go out as scouts from the hunting group, in order to learn where the buffalo herd is.
- ábagthi (v.)
- To dig, as with a spade.